Tog at CHP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tog at CHP?

I was looking back at the threads and havent seen many reports on tog fishing at Cape Henlopen. I think the last thread was from 2017. I know folks from the forum, including myself have had success. I havent fished CHP in years. Is there still a tog bite or have folks just stopped targeting them? With the cooling water temps the bite should pick up soon if not already.
    Hobie Outback
    WS Tarpon
    IG: #liveyakfish

I think most of the people that used to post CHSP tog reports don't post anything anymore. The bite from what I've seen the tog bite is good in OC, so no reason to think it isn't just as good at CHSP right now too. If I had the time, I know I'd be targeting tog right now.
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
      I think most of the people that used to post CHSP tog reports don't post anything anymore. The bite from what I've seen the tog bite is good in OC, so no reason to think it isn't just as good at CHSP right now too. If I had the time, I know I'd be targeting tog right now.
      Thanks for the reply. Im itching for some tog action.
      Hobie Outback
      WS Tarpon

Comment

Originally posted by ILV2F5H View Post
        Thanks for the reply. Im itching for some tog action.
        do you take a kayak for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Jay

2022 Hobie Lynx - Dune

Comment

Originally posted by YakMonkey View Post
          do you take a kayak for it?

Yes kayak or boat.
          Hobie Outback
          WS Tarpon

Comment

Caught one decent keeper and several throwback at OC last week, would think CHSP bite is happening too, but have not been there in a few years.
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I was out last weekend at the ice breakers last Saturday and was hoping for a keeper tog. I got 2 tog a 15 1/2 and a 15 3/4 also got about 10 toad fish. Might try again in a couple weeks.

Comment

Also my friend has been getting tog including a couple keepers from the rocks at indian River.

Comment

CHSP is 100% safer and more yak friendly compared to the OC inlet area IMO but I find the OC inlet more consistent and isn't as much of a paddle which is why I haven't really been interested in going back even though I used to fish it a lot when I was younger.
                  Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Originally posted by M_Duong60 View Post
                    CHSP is 100% safer and more yak friendly compared to the OC inlet area IMO but I find the OC inlet more consistent and isn't as much of a paddle which is why I haven't really been interested in going back even though I used to fish it a lot when I was younger.
                    Good to know. only fished out of rocks from inlets for tog. I would like to fish on my yak but oc inlet and IRI currents too fast at times..

Jay

2022 Hobie Lynx - Dune

Comment

Thanks for the reports. If anyone wants to fish CHP in the next couple of weeks lmk.
                      Hobie Outback
                      WS Tarpon

Comment

What part do you fish for tautog or flounder? or do you go out further to the lighthouse? I was planning to go out tomorrow but the wind is insane.

Jay

2022 Hobie Lynx - Dune

Comment

Originally posted by ILV2F5H View Post
                          Thanks for the reports. If anyone wants to fish CHP in the next couple of weeks lmk.
                          Never been out to CHP but I am down to go out and try

Jay

2022 Hobie Lynx - Dune

Comment

Originally posted by YakMonkey View Post
                            Never been out to CHP but I am down to go out and try

Jayson PM sent.
                            Hobie Outback
                            WS Tarpon

Comment

All three places hold tog. Find the cracks where your sinker drops down deeper or the edge where the rocks end and the sand begins. Keep changing depth till you find them. Watch out for seals! There have been more in the area every year and they scare the S&@7 out of you when they come up behind you and bark.

I missed tog season in the spring there bc of C19, now too many other things going on.
                              Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                              Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                              https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X