Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fish Friendly Rig is the Best Tautog Rig???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Friendly Rig is the Best Tautog Rig???

Tautog fishermen in DE and MD,

I posted this in VA forum. I felt this is good info for you guys, also:

I finally figured out how to eliminate the dangling sinker and jig in the mouths of a big tautog that broke the line. I felt bad whenever a big tautog broke the line.
    The new rig is a simple way to utilizing a bank sinker and a hook. It is better than jigs and better than the fish finder rig in every aspect in fishing.

I made two videos, one for rigging and the other for test result. Please watch both videos,

Here is the first part, rigging - I included my rigs in addition. My rigging methods aren't conventional in a way. I developed them for tautog fishing in deep cracks in deep water.

Thanks
    Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Here is the second part, test report and fishing report together.

I caught about 20 tautog @15 - 22 ". I got limited out at 09:20 AM.

I will test more to find out if the colors of sinkers make differences. I thought all 5 colors performed about the same. But, big tautog bit the orange and red sinkers.
    I am very curious about the big tautog and the orange/red sinkers.

Thanks
    Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Interesting and helpful info. Thanks for posting!

Comment

Thanks for sharing your insights on tautog fishing! It's great to see innovative approaches to tackle issues like lost gear. Your new fishing rigs sounds promising, especially for targeting those big tautog in challenging conditions. I’m definitely interested in checking out your videos to see how you rig it and the test results. It’s always valuable to learn from others' experiences, especially when it comes to refining techniques for deep-water fishing. I appreciate you bringing this information to the DE and MD community—looking forward to trying out your methods!
        Last edited by Ivis; 10-14-2024, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X