Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11 Togs But No Keepers (CHSP, Oct 29, 2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsquare View Post
    Nice! So that's what that is.
    Yeah that's what it is sorry i didn't reply earlier but i wanted to test it out before I said anything. Its a lacrosse shaft that i filled with concrete and the rods are 9 gauge wire. It worked like a charm and was really cheap to make.
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

nice job!

Comment

Minh,
        Is that galvanized wire? I'm thinking about hanger wire, but it'll rust out.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
          Minh,
          Is that galvanized wire? I'm thinking about hanger wire, but it'll rust out.
          Yeah it will rust out but if you could rinse it I guess. I used this http://www.homedepot.com/p/The-Hillm...2062/203721653. It has a galvanized finish and if it does rust you still have plenty of material left to use.

Comment

Originally posted by M_Duong60 View Post
            Yeah it will rust out but if you could rinse it I guess. I used this http://www.homedepot.com/p/The-Hillm...2062/203721653. It has a galvanized finish and if it does rust you still have plenty of material left to use.
            Looks like the wire price is right. I may have to make some too since you said it works like a charm. Hey, would you make and sell those anchors?

Comment

Wouldn't it be easier to intentionally wedge a 4oz lead weight, connected to 30lb mono connected to 3/16 rope, in between rocks to hold position ??? A good tug to break the 30 lb mono will set you free. Yes, you would have to sacrifice a 4 oz weight every time you want to anchor.
              Young Apprentice

2015 Outback Papaya
              WS Ride 115 Mango
              WS Tarpon 100

Comment

Looks like the wire price is right. I may have to make some too since you said it works like a charm. Hey, would you make and sell those anchors?
                I would if enough people were interested. I'd like to experiment a bit more first before I say anything. The one I used has 15'' tines and the overall pipe is a foot. I want to see if a shorter version would work since I doubt people would like one that big. I wonder what the price would be?

Comment

Originally posted by KenY View Post
                  Wouldn't it be easier to intentionally wedge a 4oz lead weight, connected to 30lb mono connected to 3/16 rope, in between rocks to hold position ??? A good tug to break the 30 lb mono will set you free. Yes, you would have to sacrifice a 4 oz weight every time you want to anchor.
                  You don't have to keep retying lead and can re-position easier with a wreck anchor.

Actually I don't see how your idea would be any simpler...might actually be more of hassle seeing as its the same idea only you have to keep "sacrificing" lead and retying 30# test line, but hey if you really wanted to you could.

Comment

I would if enough people were interested. I'd like to experiment a bit more first before I say anything. The one I used has 15'' tines and the overall pipe is a foot. I want to see if a shorter version would work since I doubt people would like one that big. I wonder what the price would be?
                    Did you see this wreck anchor?
                    http://www.angling-addict.com/2011/0...or-setups.html

Comment

Yeah i've seen those before and think that if you wanted to pay for shipping you could get one. I actually don't think I could sell tmy wreck anchors seeing as the price would be too high (for it be worth my time) for something that is so easy to make. I think I'll put up a tutorial.

I would have bought KK's wreck anchor a while back actually but for $20 including shipping I went with the cheaper and option. Perfect for CHSP and First Island I think

Comment

I actually have 2 extras as joe didn't want one so I can give it away to you if youd like

Comment

I actually have 2 extras as joe didn't want one so I can give it away to you if youd like
                          Maybe I can do test and evaluation on it the next time we're out there.

Comment

Working...
                          X