CHSP - Nov 9 (Sat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
    Ok, you guys convinced me to try this jig method. Someone described the technique before, but I don't remember who or on what thread.
    I remember it was Michael and the thread shouldn't be far back i think
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Is the top-bottom rig from your recent tog videos pretty much the same as what you described a few months ago when you were targeting Triggerfish?
      Hobie Revolution

Comment

yes.

But right now I use only one hook (4/0 for cut blue blue crab, 3/0 and 4/0 for shrimp and green crab) depending on the size of the bait.

depending on the depth, current, and wind, at the inner wall of CHSP you need 1 - 3oz.

get a grocery bag of live green crab at Bill's and other bait store. it will be $4. but call in advance. from now on bait stores may run out of bait any time. I carry about 30 fresh shrimp that I purchase at the local grocery stores just in case. Shrimp need to be kept cool. So I carry 4 -5 frozen water bottles in a cooler

joe
        Fish like there's no tomorrow.
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

I keep meaning to try the jig method too but keeping forgetting to bring a casting rod. Good work on the tog all!

Joe, I don't know how much visibility is needed for diving, but the OC inlet had been pretty clean for the most part this fall. I can see fish I'm bringing up 5-6+ feet down sometimes. Only downside would be lots of boat traffic and boats fishing.
          Brian

Comment

This one would have been fun with a medium rod: monster tog
            <MIKE>
            Sunrise Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler
            Yellow Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler

Comment

Originally posted by <MIKE> View Post
              Wow. I absolutely want that pullage!

Joe,
              Where's Bill's?
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Found it.

Bills Sport Shopmore info‎
                18388 Coastal Highway #10
                Lewes, DE 19958
                (302) 645-7654
                2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by <MIKE> View Post
                  Man that huge...kinda sad that they killed it he must be ancient. 4 more # and he would have a a WR
                  Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
                    Have you thought about diving the Huron? Less than a 1/4 off the beach in NC. I figure the VIS would be good since and im wondering if there are tog on it. I know it holds big triggers and spades in the summer.

http://www.archaeology.ncdcr.gov/nca...ater/huron.htm
                    I am studying the site

joe
                    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
                      I keep meaning to try the jig method too but keeping forgetting to bring a casting rod. Good work on the tog all!

Joe, I don't know how much visibility is needed for diving, but the OC inlet had been pretty clean for the most part this fall. I can see fish I'm bringing up 5-6+ feet down sometimes. Only downside would be lots of boat traffic and boats fishing.
                      When next time you go there, Can you put paddle or fishing pole vertically in the water and see if you can see the paddle or the rod top? If you can see them, the water is do-able (7-8' viz)

I don't need a kayak to fish there. Am I right?

Thanks,
                      Joe

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
                        When next time you go there, Can you put paddle or fishing pole vertically in the water and see if you can see the paddle or the rod top? If you can see them, the water is do-able (7-8' viz)

I don't need a kayak to fish there. Am I right?

Thanks,
                        Joe
                        It might not be until Sunday before I get out again, but I'll give it a shot for you.

I'm not really sure what you mean by needing a kayak? The Rt. 50 bridge, 2nd - 4th street bulkhead, north jetty, and various other small places are all accessible and fishable from land. The south jetty and Maratha's landing are only accessible by boat. Unless you decide to rent one of the million dollar houses at maratha's and have a dock to yourself that is!
                        Brian

Comment

Working...
                        X