No announcement yet.

CHSP Saturday 11/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just keep them in the same bag they sell them in and keep them in the cooler. Since its cold though I may not even bring the cooler.

Including you guys there may be 6 or more of us on Saturday. It'll be sweet!
    -Mustafa
    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
      I just keep them in the same bag they sell them in and keep them in the cooler. Since its cold though I may not even bring the cooler.

Including you guys there may be 6 or more of us on Saturday. It'll be sweet!
      Sick!

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
        Winds are perfect in the 2-3 MPH during the day.

High tide: 07:22 AM
        Low Tide: 01:35 PM
        High Tide: 07:43 PM

Air Temp: 51 in the morning, 57 in the afternoon (mostly sunny)

Will launch around 6am. Sunrise is 6:47am.

Hoping for my first keeper Tog.
        Good luck!
        Dang! I am working this weekend.

I learned that low tide doesn't mean slack tide. Slack tide may occur 1-2 hours after the low and high tides

Joe
        Last edited by ComeOnFish; 11-15-2013, 05:40 AM.
        Fish like there's no tomorrow.
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Get some togs! Good luck guys.

Outback 2015
          Maui

Comment

I can't decide whether to hit CHSP or OC..... Guess I'll know when I cross the bay bridge.
            Young Apprentice

2015 Outback Papaya
            WS Ride 115 Mango
            WS Tarpon 100

Comment

Good luck fellas! I hope you get that first Tog, Mustafa!
              2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
              2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
              2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

I might see you guys down there. I haven't decided which day to go down Saturday or Sunday. Anyone going down Sunday?

Until I find a better way this is how deal with getting my gear through the sand without killing my back... I take a rope that is about 10-15 feet long and tie the ends together creating a big loop I then attach the knotted end to the front of my kayak that is sitting on wheels... I then put the big loop around my body and across my chest and under my arms... this way I can walk forward and place my full body weight into the pull... I find with this method I don't have to twist my body while pulling and I can take all my gear in one trip. Give it a try... if you have another trick that works let me know.
                <MIKE>
                Sunrise Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler
                Yellow Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler

Comment

I do something similar. I have a piece of heavy rope about 15 ft long and tie a knot on either end. I pass one end through the front handle, then grab the two knots with each hand. I drag my kayak across sand and grass (think of Jonas Green).
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis
                  Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

The bite was good early and then dropped off. I only caught one but was thankful that I didn't get skunked. It rained in the morning and the sun was supposed to come out in the afternoon but it never did. I talked to two guys fishing from a boat and then later a guy on a kayak that had fished the outer wall and they said the fishing was better there but that it was rough. It was still a good time.

<MIKE>

Comment

I fished the inner wall Friday and only ended with 2 shorts. A fellow kayaker did manage two keepers.

Comment

<Mike> I think I said hi to you but didn't know you were from the forum. My apologies!

We stayed around the inner wall and I caught 3 shorts (all hit shrimp): 12, 14.5, 14.75. Needless to say that last one broke my heart! LOL

So I didn't manage the keeper but I learned a lot. I'm looking forward to togging again!
                        -Mustafa
                        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                        2016 Hobie Outback
                        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

<MIKE>, you always have great pics, even making a Tog look good!

Also, I swear I see words in the middle of that Tog pic, is it just me?
                          Ryan
                          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                            <MIKE>, you always have great pics, even making a Tog look good!

Also, I swear I see words in the middle of that Tog pic, is it just me?
                            Yeah, do you see Mike too?
                            2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                            2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                            2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

you got me... some people practice CPR (catch, photo and release) I practice CTR (catch, tattoo and release).

That was my attempt at a Tog tramp stamp.
                              <MIKE>

Comment

Fished the inner wall sat 11/16 from about 7:30 am to 3:30 pm. The bite was slow for me as well, likely due to the lack of sunlight, but I had an awesome time out there with some of the other forum members. Managed one short tog at 14" early on (caught on head-on shrimp).

GOPR1885.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X