Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hole in the Wall (CHSP, May 6, 2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just anchored it in the water. I made my anchor specific so that it doesn't get caught in the rocks. If it does get caught, I can move it around to get it out easily which is what happened.

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
    Great going Gents!

Classic big smile Seong! LOL

Did you use a wreck Anchor or tie to structure?

Sent using Tapatalk
    Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Originally posted by Fish View Post
      I just anchored it in the water. I made my anchor specific so that it doesn't get caught in the rocks. If it does get caught, I can move it around to get it out easily which is what happened.
      Very cool. Do you happen to have a picture of it? Always interested of seeing the different ways people do things.

Sent using Tapatalk
      -Mustafa
      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

photo.jpg

So basically, I attached both the top and the bottom of the grapnel anchor with the last tie being the bottom of the anchor. This ensures that when I retrieve the anchor, I can pull it out of the rocks in a folded position instead of the collapsed position. Now, it is not impossible to lose your anchor this way but it reduces the chance of it getting snagged in the rocks. The negative side to doing this is that the collapsed position is less likely to happen in the water when needed in sand and strong current.

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
        Very cool. Do you happen to have a picture of it? Always interested of seeing the different ways people do things.

Sent using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Fish; 05-09-2014, 01:01 AM.
        Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

So in other words you deploy it upside down for rocky structure? Thanks for spreading the knowledge bro!
          -Mustafa
          ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
          2016 Hobie Outback
          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Working...
          X