CHSP 5/9 Flounder and Tog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RxForFishin View Post
    Great catches! Just a quick question about eating them raw. I know fish served at sushi bars are regularly frozen and then thawed before serving to kill any worms or parasites that might be there. Do you do the same with the fish you catch or is this not a concern? I'm curious because I'd love to try my catches raw but I'd also like to avoid any creepy crawlers in my gut. Thanks!
    I'm curious about the same thing. Any info or tips would be great

Sent using Tapatalk
    -Mustafa
    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
      I'm curious about the same thing. Any info or tips would be great

Sent using Tapatalk
      There's a magic "medicine" called Soju. you drink it while eating raw fish (o:

Otherwise, the flash freezing method is the best way to kill anything living in the fish and keep most of the flavor. There is a major difference is texture when doing that though. I think eating fresh raw fish tastes the best, but there is always a risk.

Comment

From my very little research, the only risk with saltwater fish seems to be anisakiasis caused by a worm mainly found in saltwater species. For humans its relatively low risk because apparently the worms cannot survive in human hosts and die quickly. However, there is a risk of an allergic reaction (anaphylaxis), bowel perforation, and bowel obstructions caused by the dying worm(s).

Wiki article: here

Comment

Originally posted by kuljc View Post
          There's a magic "medicine" called Soju. you drink it while eating raw fish (o:
          LOL! Ah yes all my Korean friends swear by this "medicine." My religious beliefs though keep it out of my "medicine cabinet"

Thanks for the info though!

Originally posted by RxForFishin View Post
          However, there is a risk of an allergic reaction (anaphylaxis), bowel perforation, and bowel obstructions caused by the dying worm(s).
          Sounds lovely
          -Mustafa
          ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
          2016 Hobie Outback
          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Working...
          X