Boston - 6/26-29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston - 6/26-29

Heading to Boston in late June for a business trip. I'll be flying in and wont have a rental car, so I'll be without the yak and will probably have limited mobility options. I'll be staying at the Boston Marriott Long Wharf, so there is immediate access to the harbor but I don't know if fishing is allowed. If not, I wouldn't know where to begin for finding access to shore locations. If I can find somewhere convenient enough I might pick up a travel rod and fish for a couple of hours one night. Any suggestions to start me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
    Mike

I’ve stayed at the Long Wharf several times. The entire downtown wharf area is developed with condos on some of the piers, whale tour boats, restaurants, etc. I can’t remember a single spot where I’d be allowed to fish, and if I could, not sure why I would. Kind of like Fishing along the Aquarium seawall in Baltimore.

Enjoy your time there, get some cannolis in Little Italy and hit Clark’s for a drink after work. I’d keep the rod at home.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

I've stayed at that same hotel a few times as well, its a really cool location. Boston is one of my favorite cities, but I've never fished there. One of these days I want to take the family up there for a vacation. Good eating up there for sure. Make sure to hit up Mike's Pastry shop...
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I have not fished those waters from the city side, but rather closer to Hingham. When I have made the trip, I reached out to the local kayak club and they were typically very helpful. I know you won't have your yak, but local knowledge is invaluable. I would post your question there and see what you get.

Tight lines!

http://www.newenglandkayakfishing.com/forum/index.php
        Bruce

Hobie PA 14
        Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can find public transportation / uber to a number of shore spots up there in Deer Island, Winthrope, Lynn, Beverly, etc. I've fished Deer quite a bit and it can be excellent fishing. There's a path around the island point so you can find moving water somewhere. It's the wastewater treatment plant for Boston so certainly not the most scenic, but it pumps out clean water and unlike Blue Plains it doesn't smell like someone put poo on a radiator and let a cat pee on it.
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Working...
          X