Magothyman in Costa Rica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magothyman in Costa Rica

Visited my son and his GF on the Pacific side of Costa Rica last week where they are building some eco-cabinas to live in and rent out. They're located 80 miles south of Liberia in a rather remote village (no paved roads within 30 miles) about a 5 minute walk from the beach. A river enters the ocean near them so we took his kayaks out for an excursion. The fishing rod was basically for show cuz the river was to silty from rains to effectively fish. We paddled around in the river for a while enjoying the nature and quiet. Very relaxing until we spotted a 6 foot crocodile on the bank that decided to jump into the water when seen by us. We saw one more swimming around in front of us a few minutes later. That was it for me--headed back downstream! Kept reading on-line how the Chesapeake Bay Area was heating up while I was gone, but it's rained every day since I've been back. Hope to get out on the Magothy by Sunday or Monday.
    AlIMG_4373.jpg

Nice report. I hope we can get out and fish together soon, It's been a while.

Yak67
    2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
    2016 Hobie Outback LE#217

Comment

Working...
    X