Cape Cod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cape Cod

After hearing slow reports for this area, me and few of my buddies went up to the Cape Cod Canal to do a little surf fishing and kayaking for four days. Reports of squid were good and macs we’re starting to show in the bays, also there was a perfect 4:00am high to coincide with the full moon - things were aligned well - that is for everything but the fish. I must have cast every plug and jig known to man a bazillion times, both day and night, pulling three all-nighters without a sniff. It wasn’t just me, heard of only a few here and there being caught. We were to go kayaking the last day, but a nasty storm rolled in and kept us on the banks, but even the cold front didn’t bring them in. We fished through the gale force with nothing to show. I heard it picked up, but only briefly.
    So, if you had a bad day fishing around here, at least you didn’t drive nine hours, go sleepless and get soaked with nothing to show for it. Steamers were good though.
    787D0800-ED58-4597-A93C-4B2BCFFEB343.jpg
    Jay

10' Green Slayer
    13’ Red Slayer

Wow! The entire east coast looks slower than normal this year...hopefully things will perk up soon...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

That's very discouraging. I read that most of the stripers caught up north were spawned in the Chesapeake.

If they're not there and goodness knows, we haven't found them here as in past years, where are they?
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

just for the record, I went back a month later and crushed them, both yak and shore.
        IMG_7264.jpg
        Jay

10' Green Slayer
        13’ Red Slayer

Comment

Originally posted by summersoff View Post
          just for the record, I went back a month later and crushed them, both yak and shore.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]24187[/ATTACH]
          Great striper.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
          X