Southwest Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southwest Florida

Flew down to Naples and visited my friend. He has a PA 12 and I rented a PA 12 from Naples kayak center for 3 days. We fished 3 different areas. The first was isle of capris near Marco island. Neither of us had ever fished there before and it took us a while to find some fish. We did end up getting a couple reds, trout, jacks and lady fish. All of the fish were small. The second day we fished near Everglades city. I had a good day there getting over 10 snook, 2 reds, 3 jacks, 2 mangrove snappers, 3 or 4 lady fish and a sail cat. All of the fish were small except 1 of the jacks. My friend also got trout but I couldn't get one. The next day we fished Estero Bay. A cold front came in the night before and fishing was slow. I got a Red and Jack early and then there was a long spell of nothing until I finally found 7 small snook and a Lady fish. It was good to get away and get some action and some warm tempstrout.jpg jack.jpgred.jpgsnook.jpg

Looks like a fun trip.

The variety of fish species accessible by kayak in FL's tidal waters never ceases to amaze me.

I'm looking forward to a December trip there myself.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

That was a nice variety of fish. You never know what kind of fish will show up when you fish those Gulf waters.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
        That was a nice variety of fish. You never know what kind of fish will show up when you fish those Gulf waters.
        The variety is nice down there. All my fish were caught on spoons by the way. Good luck Mark on your trip

Comment

Working...
        X