Ouchita- largest lake inside Arkansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouchita- largest lake inside Arkansas

Took a trip back to my hometown to visit my younger Brother who lost his wife Last Thanksgiving. While I was there we went fishing in Lake Ouchita- pronounced “Wash a taa” it is the largest lake entirely inside Arkansas- Bull Shoals is slightly larger, but it extends into Missouri. Anyway, Brother Lonnie and I fished a few times under less than ideal conditions (windy)...thunderstorms...I used a medium Shimano rod with a Penn Clash 3000 with 8# Berkeley XT triliene line and a Zoom watermelon worm on a Gamakatsu 3/0 worm hook Texas rigged weightless, a five inch Zara Spook and a Crawfish colored Rage crank bait...we caught a bunch of fish- several nice pickerel, and Brother Lonnie lost a monster bass that got wrapped up on a downed tree, jumped and broke the line- well over six pounds...my biggest fish was a tad over four pounds, but had seven over three pounds..

.IMG_0457.jpgIMG_0240.jpgIMG_0459.jpgIMG_0242.jpgIMG_0244.jpg
    Last edited by ronaultmtd; 04-23-2019, 09:28 PM.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

It sounds like a fun time fishing with your brother and catching plenty of fish.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
    X