Great first 4 days in South florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great first 4 days in South florida

Having a blast in Florida. My first day in Florida I drove down to the keys to meet up with someone I know. He said to meet at 10 and he would take me out on his boat. The boat trip was uneventful with just catching some small fish but I went out in my kayak for a short while and caught a really nice baracuda it was a blast on light tackle. Day 2 and 3 I was on the west coast and fished nearby estero bay. The first day was better catching some very nice snook and reds. The second day was very windy and fishing was slow but I caught a nice red and my pb snook in a kayak. Today I went out with deep blue kayak fishing hoping for a sail fish . Didn't get one but I did get a King fish and hooked a very large shark that wore me out before breaking off. Will be here till the end of Feb. Lots of fishing leftResized_20200211_075547.jpg0213201227b.jpg0212201636.jpgResized_20200211_075547.jpg

Nice going Mike that looks like an incredible trip! Awesome shot with the barracuda. I saw that picture on the Deep Blue site and thought it looked familiar.
    J

Comment

Thanks jman, I caught that baracuda behind the lodge I was staying at. I left my phone in my room so I towed the fish to shore and got a lady who waz there to take my picture. Went back out today and got a slam. Trout, Red and snook but the fish were pretty small and I had to work for them. Still a good day

Comment

Thanks for a Great Warm Weather report Mike. We definitely need to hear someone is warm and catching fish. Chilly here in the Mid-Atlantic.
        Keep us up dated between trips, we look forward to it.

Yak67
        2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
        2019 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Yak67 View Post
          Thanks for a Great Warm Weather report Mike. We definitely need to hear someone is warm and catching fish. Chilly here in the Mid-Atlantic.
          Keep us up dated between trips, we look forward to it.

Yak67
          2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
          2019 Outback
          Plus one on that!

Ice on the upper Magothy. (It is February after all.)

Continued success to you Mike.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Thanks for the report. South Florida offers some beautiful habitats, fun-to-catch species, and warm weather this time of year. I arrive there tomorrow afternoon for kayak fishing in the Everglades and lower Keys. Congratulations on the personal best snook.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Mike, it was a pleasure fishing with you Saturday and even though we didn’t get our sailfish we had a great time. I enjoyed watching you battle that shark but when it broke off I don’t think either one of us were angry [emoji23] Hope to fish with you again.

Keith

Keith

2015 Sand Hobie Outback

2017 Orange Camo Vibe Sea Ghost 130

2015 Camo Ascend FS12T

Comment

Way to go Keith!
                Mark
                Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Nice catch Keith.
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis
                  Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Way to go Keith!! Great pics and nice catches. We needed these sunny reports. How cool to have two SL guys meet up in Florida

Yak67
                    2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
                    2019 Hobie Outback

Comment

Hey Keith it was great fishing with you too. Hopefully we will both get a sail next time

Comment

WOW Mike those are some awesome bucket list fish!

Keith that snook looks awesome!
                        Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Thanks Im adding to to the list

Comment

Working...
                          X