OBX Canal Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBX Canal Bass

This bass ate a chatterbait from an OBX canal yesterday.

Did you launch from Bob Perry Rd? I love fishing those canals. Very underrated area when most folks are spending time at the beach or the sound.
    Tim M. Elliott
    Pasadena
    Pelican Boost Angler 100, Garmin Striker 4

Comment

Hi Tim,
      Nope, never fished down that way from the boat ramp. I will give that a try this fall.

Did a second kayak outing on Saturday. Nice weather. I focused on the fly rod and had a nice bass take a very small panfish popper. After several jumps the bass came off. I observed several longnose gar, which were neat to see.

Comment

My girlfriend and I vacationed in Kitty Hawk two years ago in July and the launch was only 5 minutes away from the rental. We went just about everyday for the week and she caught a handful of 2-4 lb bass, including one that had to be close to 5 lbs. The bass fishing is sensational in those canals. As are carp and bowfin from what I’ve heard. The panfish are certainly pleasing to the eye as well, with the darker hues of color that they take on.

That’s disappointing that the bass came unglued, but very cool that it ate such a small offering. The longnose gar sightings are a real treat. They are such cool prehistoric fish.
        Tim M. Elliott
        Pasadena
        Pelican Boost Angler 100, Garmin Striker 4

Comment

Working...
        X