South Florida trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Florida trip

I just completed a south Florida trip where I loaded my outback in the bed of my truck and drove down. I stayed in Naples and fished mostly in that area. I made 2 trips to the east coast. on one I fished with deep Blue kayak fishing hoping to get a sailfish. Unfortunately I did not for the second year in a row. I did get a King Mackerel. There was a nearby great white sighting while I was fishing. On my other trip east I fished Lake Ida for peacock bass and Clown Knife fish. For the second year in a row I caught peacocks but no Clown Knifes. I did see one caught on a nearby boat. Overall my fish numbers and sizes were down a bit from last year with the exception of Jacks which were bigger and more plentiful than last year. I can't complain though since I was fishing in 80 degree plus weather while everyone back here was dealing with snow and ice. Last year I got 6 slams which is Trout reds and snook. This year I got only 1 because trout were hard to come by. I only caught 2 all trip. I did catch at least 1 snook every day I fished for them and got at least 1 red most days. Again no tarpon, February is a bad month to catch them but it can be done. Next year my priority is going to be getting a tarpon. I did take a little video of my trip and will probably put something together when I have time. Untitled-1.jpgFullSizeR(2).jpgFullSizeR(1).jpg0228211425.jpg0227211417a_HDR.jpg0225211327a.jpg0225211311.jpg0219211408a_HDR.jpg0223211317_HDR.jpg

Sounds like a great trip. I am heading to Florida at the end of March for an extended trip. I can't wait to catch some of the southern species while wearing warm weather clothing.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
    X