King of the Tidal White Perch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King of the Tidal White Perch

I was recently down in the Outer Banks of North Carolina and got the kayak out in the sound side canals several times. I was hoping to catch some redfish or largemouth bass, but became the King of the Tidal White Perch. I used light weight spinning gear and fish came on a beetle spin/jig spinner or on a Rapala jointed minnow. A few of these were the largest white perch I've ever caught.

If you ever watch the EliasZFishing channel on YouTube, he has some videos fishing for white perch in the winter in NC, and he catches some absolute monsters. I swear some of them look to be 2 pounds. He mostly gets them vertical jigging small plastic jigs or bladebaits.
    - Cliff

Hobie Compass
    Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

I was surprised how hefty a few of them were. Definitely the largest I've ever caught. Most white perch I've caught have been from Triadelphia Reservoir trolling that same Rapala jointed minnow on a bottom bouncer.

I'm headed back to the OBX in 2 weeks and will attempt some more fishing and will probably use some different lures and techniques to see what else I can catch.

Comment

Working...
      X