OBX Canal Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBX Canal Bass

I did some OBX canal fishing last weekend in my kayak. The air temperature was 65 degrees and there was no wind. When I launched I noticed the tide was moving out some, so that helped. I was able to catch several healthy largemouth bass on a redfish magic spinner that John Veil sold me for cheap a few months back. All of the bass fought hard and had pretty strong strikes at the lure.

I'm glad the Redfish Magic spinnerbait worked for you. I caught my first ever redfish on that type of lure in 2008. Since then, I have not had much success with it. Good work using a saltwater lure to fool freshwater fish.

I noticed your bare feet in the photo. That is not likely to happen here in MD until next spring.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Barefoot and kayak fishing in late November...And to think I was complaining about 80-degree temps here last month.

Yesterday morning it was 28 degrees in the Dena.

Nice catches, Tom.

Good luck during the rest of your NC stay.

Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
        Barefoot and kayak fishing in late November...And to think I was complaining about 80-degree temps here last month.

Yesterday morning it was 28 degrees in the Dena.

Nice catches, Tom.

Good luck during the rest of your NC stay.
        haha. Unfortunately, I forgot to pack my kayaking books or wading shoes on this trip. So all I had was a good pair of shoes that I didn't want to get wet. Since the air temperature was around 65 degrees, I toughed it out. The water temperature was definitely on the chilly side and I was glad my feet only got wet when I climbed down the dock ladder to get into my kayak.

Comment

Working...
        X