Magothyman in Beaufort SC Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magothyman in Beaufort SC Again

Spent the first 4 days of last week golfing in Myrtle Beach. Trailed my kayak along with me and after golf on Wednesday, headed down to Beaufort for two guided kayak trips. The first day (Thursday), I landed 7 total fish that included a 30” redfish, 19” spec trout, and a flounder (14”)—-a “Beaufort Slam” according to the guide, Houston Stewart of Beaufort SC Fishing.

The second day wasn’t as productive but did land a 26” red in a creek that was on our last stop heading back to the ramp. The water was so shallow that my Hobie was literally stuck on the bottom when the fish hit. The only reason we went up the creek was because the guide spotted an orange popping cork moving back and forth in the water. Once he picked it up, a 12” red was on it! He instructed me to cast into the creek because “where there is one, there are more”! Sure enough, first cast was hit and after few minutes I was able to land the fish.
    This was my second productive trip to that area (last December was my first).
    D573CC92-9F8A-4360-8522-60217611C63D.jpg 263CD348-EC03-4055-8DE8-25D6EBCC81AF.jpg

Nice fish! I bet those reds were a lot of fun.
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Working...
    X