Hatteras 2/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
    Here's my first one in real time. More to come!

As for percentage on sharks, I think we only lost a few but they were often chased.

Hey Mike, What happened? Your retrieve is on the wrong side
    -Mustafa
    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
      Sweet experience gents, congrats!

Hey Jet, I noticed you were using a spinning reel. Which one were you using and how did you like it?

Zeebaas 22. I love the reel, but I think I need the longer handle for offshore.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jet View Post
        Zeebaas 22. I love the reel, but I think I need the longer handle for offshore.
        Thanks for the info bro! I like how they're 100% submersible.

Interesting page about skishing...
        -Mustafa
        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Way to represent!!
          2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

That's freakin' awesome guys!
            Mike S.
            Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
            3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Awesome, and good work! Boy, I'd like to get that kind of pullage.
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

I should have kept that torium after all ;-) I purchased a release SG lefty but picked up the Avet MXJ on the way down so I could have a backup as I was worried my SX lefty wouldn't hold up to the tuna. It's funny though, the SX and the MXJ have the same drag rating and the SX holds 300yds of 50 lb braid, so I think I would have been fine.

If you can spring for it, the release is a BEAST and light, maybe even lighter than the SX.
                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Those sharks swirling around Jet's boat??????.....Never gonna be me....never ever....................................never
                  14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                  2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Very cool. Eyeball to eyeball with a shark while in a wave trough! Been there, done that with a very large tiger shark. But, in a center console. Very odd to have the angle of the line going UP! I'll bet just a little bit unnerving in a kayak!

Comment

ok, the point of the video was to hear me scream like a little girl bc of the sharks, since it's hilarious, but for some reason, the youtube music is overriding the original audio even though i have it set correctly and it plays correctly on the video manager. (i'll post up up the original audio later, hearing grilled and redfish laughing at me off screen is just priceless). either way, i obviously make a ton of mistakes(beyond the ones i point out), and it was definitely a learning experience. sorry for the camera angle, but i forgot my mount and had to macgyver rig it.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X