No announcement yet.

I want to fish outside of Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw Rhode Island come up on the thread. I have a house up there if anybody wants to plan a road trip and meet up. Have only kayak fished a few times in the Narraganset area, but looking to explore a lot more areas since I will most likely be living there off and on over the next couple years. Will be heading that way beginning of May for a short time. Also interested in exploring Cape Cod and Coastal New Hampshire...have cousins in both locations.

--Didn't notice how old the thread was at first. Anyway, if anybody's interested in fishing up there let me know.

Comment

Hey---new to this board----saw this thread and figured I'd add my two cents. I live in MD but got hooked on kayak fishing duering trips to florida. What I have found is that it is relatively cheap and (somewhat) easy to rent a kayak and go find some fish. Generally you can rent a decent kayak for 30-40 dollars a day. I have fished the sanibel-captiva area, cedar key, the mosquitop lagoon and just got back from my second trip to the 10,000 islands/everglad4es. In the evergldes I went out on a "mother ship" trip for a day and then just rented a kayak at the national park there and went out and found some fish. I am happy to pass along info to anybody. I just bought a fishing kayak for use here in maryland area and would love to get out with anybody/anytime (gonna introduce myself on the board as well) i live in wheaton but happy to drive/travel. Thanks, sam

Comment

I do a lot of business traveling for my job- and I spend a considerable amount of time away from home every year- As such I get the opportunity to fish the Washington/Oregon Columbia Gorge and Garibaldi areas a lot for salmon, rockfish and Sturgeon-sometimes 3-4 times a year...SC Gulf Coast at least once a year and Alabama/Mississippi Gulf Coast 2-3 times a year- other than sturgeon you can usually find a decent kayak to rent at all these places- It pays to use a guide service at least once or twice so you get to see the various techniques/baits/lures used in the different regions- The redfish and speckled trout are inshore fish you can easily catch using a kayak- getting on a party boat and heading offshore for snapper, grouper and bottom fish requires almost nothing other than a cooler and a lunch/drinks as the boat furnishes everything- the going rates are $45-65 a day for Gulf Coast party boat bottom trips and $150-200 for the long range trips for tuna, swords and pelagic species-usually 17-24 hour trips
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
        X