Awesome gents!
    Loved reading the details Ryan!
    All that was missing from the feast was a proper Masgouf

Sent using Tapatalk
    -Mustafa
    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Haha we joked about that! If I only had that knife you had at CBKA!
      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Ohhhhh...that knife. What a nice knife!
        Hobie Revolution 13
        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

"so you leave the scales on..."

"Do you have to scale it?"

"no...you leave the scales on..."

"Look at that knife"
          <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Good job everyone. I wish I was there, but I am making advance preps already, to get exposed to the JBay adventure that you guys go to every year. So with any luck, I will be there for 2015.

Comment

Come on Moc. Come get some Big boy Fish
              Last edited by Foursteps24; 05-22-2014, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Lol!!
                -Mustafa
                ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                2016 Hobie Outback
                2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by Foursteps24 View Post
                  I guess since the crabbing is bad, that is what I will have to do!

Comment

Not to get off topic on this thread but I hope the crabbing wont be as dreadful as last year.

Comment

Man what a great time!! I got to fish with a bunch of great folk and had a ball doing it! LOL We laughed and laughed and laughed all weekend long! This year I paddled a lot. No wait. Let me rephrase that. I PADDLED and I PADDLED and I PADDLED and I PADDLED. I have little blisters on my hands, sore arms, sore shoulders, but it was all fun. After doing a few estimated tracks in Google Maps, I easily paddled at least 30 miles this trip. I learned a lot this year. This was the first time I have ever snagged Bunkaaa even got stuck in the VORTEX a couple of times! LOL I got a new live lining rig thanks to Grilled. And caught my biggest BASS from the yak! It was great times.

I didn’t catch a whole lot of fish, but I did catch a variety Blues, a Bass, and a Fluuuukeee. LOL In retrospect I should have trolled more especially with all of the paddling I did. But I so hate trolling, but as others have stated and will state it’s effective as hell up there so next time I’ll use the TnW. **SIGH** The winds were pretty stiff everyday except Sunday as a paddler it was tough to jig getting pushed so fast. But I still stuck with it. Motorized yaks and Hobie’s definitely had an advantage in that regard. BLAH!

The highlight of the trip for me was fishing around the JFK area and seeing all the huge planes taking off and landing, I mean we were right there! It was crazy!! It also helped that I caught a nice healthy 30” Bass live lining a bunkaaaaa as pictured above. I really gotta work on my picture poses, that thing looks so little in the pic! Even though I didn’t catch nearly as many fish as I would have liked they were all quality. Next year I’ll put my TnW’s in the yak! LOL Man I feel like we just laughed the entire week/weekend! It was great fishing and hanging with the MKF crew! Next time I go, I’m getting on that leaderboard!

Comment

WTG! You guys sure got some niiiiiiiice fish. Hey, didn't anyone do a SAAAAAAMICH?
                        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

ALLLL Weekend!!! LOL

Comment

LOL.

I am glad you guys had fun. I missed it . If only my final exam wasn't on one of those days...

Originally posted by Foursteps24 View Post
                            Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

We definetly had fun. The fishing got tough after the front came through but many good fish were still caught. My best Rockfish came before the tournament started. A nice healthy 35' hit a live Bunkah over the Pumkin Patch. I caught several Blues around the Ruffle Bar on a Tube tipped with chicken. I brought the chicken more as a joke but it worked as good as GULP sandworms and it was cheaper. The winds were something to deal with the whole time but it is what it is, right.
                              I will be back next year for sure.

100_1660.jpg 100_1662.jpg 100_1673.jpg 100_1677.jpg
                              Jim

Hobie Outback
                              TKAA member
                              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Rockchaser, those are some NICE fish. I've got to get out and chase some rod benders like the rock and blue you got someday.
                                Hobie fleet:
                                2017 Quest 13
                                2015 Outback
                                2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                                X