Wintertime Living Vicarious “addiction” issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wintertime Living Vicarious “addiction” issues

Not being able to get out and fish due to the fickle, extreme weather associated with climate change causes all kinds of Internet “bad Habits” on-line...For example- I get on-line looking and I buy things I really don’t need thinking I will use them...Do I really need another spinning reel?...yeah, made a terrific deal on high quality reel, but how many reels are enough? Sustains, Stradic CI-4(+), Ballistic EX, BG...going into a recovering fishing addiction group...hello, my name is....
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Get a GoPro or two, and use it to film footage from your trips throughout the fishing season, then you can use this time of year for editing and making fun videos. It will certainly tie up you extra time and keep you from buying more stuff....
    John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
    Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Instead of buying things, start meticulously planning trips, where, when, understand the locations tides, target species, tackle and bait requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tonight or tomorrow, I plan to purchase some additional materials to tie up some flies.
        Rabbit, squirrel, some weighted eyes, more hooks.

Comment

I was in Manassas today for work, stopped by two shoppes and cleaned out their clearance tackle aisle. Stocking up in preparation for a hopeful 2018
          Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Originally posted by jhoss View Post
            Get a GoPro or two, and use it to film footage from your trips throughout the fishing season, then you can use this time of year for editing and making fun videos. It will certainly tie up you extra time and keep you from buying more stuff....
            I had a Go Pro Hero- took an education to figure it out and how to edit hours of nothing...but found it interfered with my catching...gave it and all its accessories to my 26 year old Son who surfs...

Comment

Climate change! What happened to global warming? I thought it was supposed to be getting warmer.

We had a Free State Fly Fishing outing planned for today, the first day of spring. That was postponed.

March has been very unkind to local anglers. Cold, pervasive winds and now snow that we'll actually have to shovel tomorrow. I've been spoiled with our snow dustings this winter. The good news is that March is 2/3s over. Surely April will give us more opportunities to fish.

In any case, like others here with cabin fever, I pulled the trigger on a new 8 wt. St. Croix fly rod last week via an on-line purchase. That's fly rod number 9. Obviously, I didn't need it. I do hope it warms up soon.
              Mark
              Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
              Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
              Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I feel you- I am with you Mark...I am right there, too...

Comment

Working...
                X