This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flea Market - HOW MD - Jan19 Odenton, MD

Tom Medicyaker has been putting on this event for the past 8 years and it has grown into a great event! The new venue in Odenton holds more vendors and is one of the best flea markets of the winter season to find a good deal on equipment suitable to our kayak style of fishing. There is plenty of parking and there will be food and coffee trucks there.

Proceeds benefit MD Heroes on the Water so come out, buy some stuff, and talk fishing!

Date: Jan 19th
    Where: Odenton Vol Fire Hall, 1425 Annapolis Rd Odenton Md
    Time: 8am-2pm
    Price: $4 At the door
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

I'm really looking forward to this event.

I'll be there:

1. Tying flies
    2. Providing information about the Free State Fly Fishers
    3. Providing information about the March 9 AACC kayak fishing course to be taught by John Veil and me
    4. Giving fly casting instruction to those who want to see just how easy it is to fling a fly line

I hope to see many of you there.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Great show, lots of folks, good speakers, and great facility. Thanks Tom for hosting this event for a great cause!
      John Rentch
      Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
      Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Great turn out, lots of familiar faces, lots of familiar vendors, and I won a pack of BKD plastics & JiggedUp Customs jigheads from Walleye Pete's seminar.

I think i'll be booking a trip or two with him this year
        Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

i enjoyed it, wasn't expecting it to be as big/packed as it was, but it was nice to put some faces to names on here, hopefully i'll see some of you out on the water this year. -Justin
          -Justin

Comment

It was wonderful to be able to reconnect with the Snaggedliners in the crowd and a lot of fun. It's always neat to be able connect internet handles with faces and live people.

The HOW flea market has grown by leaps and bounds from the idea of holding it in John Veil's garage to the major event it has become today.

Kudos to Tom for getting this to be a looked forward to yearly happening.

Thanks to all for making this such a successful event!
            Last edited by bignose; 01-19-2019, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Kudos to Tom and all who helped him in the organization and setup and to all the vendors and attendees.

Lots of nice folks to spend a winter's day with.
              Mark
              Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
              Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
              Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Yes ...... thanks Tom. I enjoyed that show more than any other I’ve done. Great seeing everybody and I rotated a bunch of stock. There also seemed to be a constant flow of people all day. Loved seeing Mark tie some great flys ...... he’s got some talent. Btw ...... what was that tying light you were using.

Comment

I add to the praise for Tom's efforts to make this a great winter show/flea market. He and his wife put in a huge amount of effort to make sure things work out and provide some financial support for the Maryland HOW group. Well done, Tom!

Yesterday I had my most financially successful day in all the years of selling excess gear at this event. I already spent my profits by ordering four new Stradic 3000 reels last evening and buying several spools of Powerpro line from Rich Jenkins (Coach Jigheads).

Every year I have several items on my table that I feel confident will sell quickly, but they don't sell at all, even with reduced prices. Conversely, there are always a few questionable items that I don't really think will sell, but they go quickly. (Go figure).

Probably the most humorous moment of the morning came when a customer asked me if I would take $1 for a pint beer glass I had for sale on my table. The glass was clearly marked for sale at 50 cents, but the guy was not paying attention. I sold him the glass for 50 cents and had a chuckle.
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis
                  Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
                  X