New lures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New lures

Noticed that there are any number of new “bladed” jigs that are a takeoff of the “chatterbait” blade...one common fault in all of these lures is the snap that allows the blade to pivot is a cross lock snap design that is very prone to becoming unlocked and then losing the lure/fish...cannot tell you how many fish and lures I have lost before I finally threw them in the trash can...under a heavy load the snap pulls apart...you reel in the open snap...no big deal on small fish...the load never is that heavy, but with a strong fish struggling and making erractic runs, it happens...my advice is to change out the crosslock snap for a more robust, stronger clip like the Mustad Fastach...before you ever use the new lures...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Thanks Ron, I’ll look into that. I’ve never lost a fish from the snap coming undone on a chatterbait, but I’ve had the clips open up once or twice.

Comment

I've never caught a big fish to hurt my equipment. I will take note of your advice, it is worth strengthening protection.

Comment

Thanks so much for the tip, I'll definitely take it on board. I already have a Mustad Fastach hook, I'm completely satisfied.

Comment

Working...
        X