Tale of the wayward lures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tale of the wayward lures

I have been able to just about sell out of this year's run of spinner jigs.
    I have perhaps 10-12 left out of an inventory of about 250.

Many thanks to those of you who have purchased my lures and paid them forward.
    And thanks to those whose "word of mouth" helped to generate sales. I was glad to hear how many folks were able to use them and catch fish.

I usually do most of my selling at the HOW Flea Market, which was a bit of a bust this year, what with a snow storm hitting during the show. I didn't make my expenses, and had a dead battery to boot. (thanks Redfish for the jump starts)

And due to COVID, who knows what the future of Flea Markets will be?

I did have one kinda weird shipping problem though.
    I sent many packages out via USPS, with no problems.

However, one of my packages got caught up in some sort of USPS endless loop and made 19 total stops between me and the return. It came "home" today.

Three trips to Baltimore, 3 trips to Washington, a couple to the Southern Distribution Center (where ever that is) , and places in between before ending up at the Post Office 1/2 a mile from the original destination ( a 20 minute drive from my house), quite the tour of Central Maryland over a 4 week period.

Classic tracking stuff like:Package left D.C at 11:58 p.m. and arrived in Baltimore at 11:58 p.m. the same day.
    I didn't know that the USPS was experimenting with Star Trek teleportation but here is the proof.

It turns out that the Postal Clerk partially obstructed the mailing address when attaching the tracking label..........and nobody bothered to look closely at the address.

But it ended well. I had already hand delivered replacements, and they were used to catch fish.

Thanks again, and I will begin making a new batch for the coming season.

Stu
    Last edited by bignose; 09-09-2020, 03:45 PM.

Good story, Stu. I recently wrote a letter to the editor of the Capital newspaper complimenting the U.S. State Dept and the postal service for their efficient and prompt handling of my passport renewal during Covid times. It was published in the Aug 29 issue.

I guess my package used up all the good service and left some confusion for your package. My wife recently received a letter from a relative in Germany that was mailed in June. It arrived here in late August.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
    X