Inflatable Kayaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inflatable Kayaks

My son is interested in buying 2 inflatable kayaks for use on lakes and reservoirs. He would use them for fun but not for fishing. I have always owned SOT kayaks and I know nothing about inflatables. Can anyone suggest a brand of kayak or point out some things he should be looking for in an inflatable? Any ideas would be appreciated.

i don't think I've ever spoken to someone that has had a good experience with an inflatable. But there are so many, someone must be enjoying them. They get blown around and don't track straight. Most likely a cheap SOT or SINK would be preferred.

My buddy had an intex and it just didn't work well, so he got rid of it.

Having said that, maybe try to find a cheap used inflatable on facebook marketplace and see if he likes it. If he doesn't, he can just sell it for around the same price.

Comment

Jeff Little is liking the inflatables. He has shown his outfitted inflatable with everything we have on our yaks on several Facebook sites

Comment

I tried a sea eagle once and it was little more than a pool float. I do have a friend that swears by her inflatable SUP though and I've seen lots of people use them at lakes.
        Ocean Trident Ultra 4.3
        Hobie Revolution 13 Red Hibiscus

Comment

Working...
        X