Viewers ofbthe forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewers ofbthe forum

Our fishing forum has on any one time throughout the day hundreds of viewers browsing the various posts. Most are not members of the forum but "visitors" reading the posts...it is viewed as a free clinic on fishing techniques, locations, selection of tackle, rigging, etc....any objective viewer researching any thread or topic could glean a mountain of information off this single site...and not have to invest a dime in books, videos or attend seminars...well done Snaggedline!
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

I agree Ron.

Snaggedline is a great resource for fishing information.

Also, and I find this most encouraging -- this site has remained welcoming and civil, unlike some fishing forums that feature occasional tirades and outbursts of insults by keyboard warriors.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

It's been quite the community resource and I hope folks continue to participate! I need to do more about writing reports!

Thank you for all the content you've posted over the years
      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Agreed. I like it here. I learn new things and enjoy the fishing reports, especially the ones with photos! haha.

Comment

The forum is too hard, not user friendly to post photos on, so I don't...
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Ron,

If you store your photos in files on your computer, it's easy to insert them within the text of SL posts.

Click on the icon you see here circled in red on the tool bar of your text page:

Screenshot 2021-07-01 081628.jpg

You will be directed to this command:

Screenshot 2021-07-01 081814.jpg

Click on "Choose File". That will take you to your file of photos on your computer.

Then it's a matter of finding the correct photo and clicking on it to insert. The hardest part for me is finding the right photo from old files.

I think there's another way that folks do it from iPhones. I don't know how to do that
            Last edited by Mark; 07-01-2021, 08:38 AM.
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Comment

Tapatalk let’s you insert photos that you don’t have to be logged in to see, that’s what I do on my reports. The photos are bigger and higher quality. I also like it because it doesn’t time me out if I’m doing a longer post. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gone to save and it tells me I’m logged out when working directly in the forum. Very annoying.
              Mike
              Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

First time venturing into this sub forum. Snaggedline is a great resource, I need to go post a quick report. Thanks to all who have posted over the years.
                Tight lines
                Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
                Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
                Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
                Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

It is apparent that we have some quality people who have posted here over the years and still remain active. This might seem like a dumb question, but how old is this fishing forum and who owns and manages it?

Comment

Mike aka Grilled (formerly grilled sardine) owns and manages this forum. Dale aka Jet (formerly stupidjet) and he started it around 2008. I joined in 2008 or 2009 when there were about 30-50 registered users I think? I am a moderator, but mostly just deal with spam and the occasional outburst. I used to post a lot but stopped doing trip reports after a few years bc it started to get repetitive or spots were getting overrun. This is my favorite time of year for rockfish and the night bite is heating up!

what are your questions?

Comment

I mostly just wanted to thank the people who ran this place. I’ve met some nice people and learned a lot. I hope the website sticks around! Can you easily tell how active it is now? This is one of 3 fishing forums I visit.

Comment

It's certainly not as busy as it once was and it's hard to gauge real users vs bots / webcrawlers / ad related traffic these day. There are a lot of folks that still read but not as many who post and the "community" gatherings have fallen off now that we stopped CBKA and people stopped volunteering for M&G's. Covid certainly hasn't helped inspire gatherings, however, I still enjoy taking folks out that are new to the sport or want to learn to do something new and made a few trips like that this year. It's always the hope that they decide to become active members here and breathe some new energy into this forum. I think ultimately facebook, instagram, and other similar platforms have killed off forums in general as they require less energy (way less to ready or click) and captivate users with their content algorithms. Forums are a dying breed.

Comment

"If you build it they will come," We remember that from the famous Keven Costner baseball movie.

"If you use it, it will stay." I think that applies to this forum.

I am very grateful to Snaggedline for what I have learned on it about kayak fishing from its members. But mostly, I appreciate the many friendships I have made here. I have long lost count of the actual number of posters here whom I have fished with. I know many by their real names and that's a good thing.

Facebook and Instagram are ingrained in our society for better or worse. Some say the latter and I tend to agree -- especially based on current events. I have a Facebook account and I post on it about once a year to thank my limited number of Facebook friends for their birthday wishes. Otherwise, I use it to see photos of my grandkids. Please don't think poorly of me if I ignore your Facebook friend request. I just don't want to go far down the Facebook path.

But I like this forum because of its honesty and the fact that most posters are trying to educate readers, not impress them. That hasn't changed since I've been a member and I hope it never does.
                          Mark
                          Pasadena, MD

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                            Mike aka Grilled (formerly grilled sardine) owns and manages this forum. Dale aka Jet (formerly stupidjet) and he started it around 2008. I joined in 2008 or 2009 when there were about 30-50 registered users I think? I am a moderator, but mostly just deal with spam and the occasional outburst. I used to post a lot but stopped doing trip reports after a few years bc it started to get repetitive or spots were getting overrun. This is my favorite time of year for rockfish and the night bite is heating up!

what are your questions?
                            The night bite you say? I have really wanted to give it a try, but I've struggled to find public launches that allow you to be out after dark. The only one I've found near the Annapolis area is the one at Sandy Point SP. Any others in the general area that you wouldn't mind sharing?
                            - Cliff

Hobie Compass
                            Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

Do they ever shut the gates at Solley?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X