Winds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winds

Spring and fall brings windy weather as weather fronts move through...and Spring and fall are the peak times of fish migration. That puts many kayak fishermen (women) in a quandary when they only have the weekends to fish due to work schedules. As a retiree I have much more flexibility but even so it severely limits the number of fishing trips during the peak of actively feeding fish migrating to and from our region. There is always some where sheltered enough to go, but usually these places are not favored by the bigger fish that like the more exposed shallow water flats and deeper channels...so I usually don't use my truck's gasoline hitting these spots until after the yearly migration has ended or before it has started... Right now it is frustrating looking out the window at the wind blowing knowing the clock is ticking...our Southern Maryland redfish and trout fishing is coming to an end soon...every day we miss during the peak of migration due to windy weather is a missed opportunity- trying to be patient and accept there is only so much control we have over nature...the "ying and yang" of life...
    Last edited by ronaultmtd; 10-11-2021, 06:01 PM.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
Working...
X