No announcement yet.

Deep Drop 2-22-14, Sat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK- something we all need too think about- boat mate tips are usually like waiter tips- 20% of the cost of a meal- so if the cost is $200- 20% would be $40...but with three mates it doesn't come out even...so $20 each would be $60.00- slightly more than 20% but good service gets a better tip...good manners says you never stiff a server...regardless of the meal...you hold the service against the server not the meal...bad service- less tip or no tip- good service- good tip- When I caught a monster tarpon out of the keys, I gave the flats guide a nice tip for all he did to put me on fish, his skill at keeping the boat positioned so the tarpon was always off the bow and for coaching me during the fight- so what do you recommend for the tip on a party boat that has 35 anglers vs. 3 mates? Hopefully my trip on March 8th will be less full...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

<insert witty comment here>

Comment

I am glad you guys caught some fish, and I am glad that you got a table for the trip out and back. It makes a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
          Who took the video? How did you mount the camera for the shot.....?

Comment

I used my RAM suction cup mount that I use for my flying videos....just stuck it to the side of the boat.
            <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Cool. You caught those precious Kodak moments of a first big tile hook up.

Ron,
              You generally pay 15-20%. You don't times it by the number of mates. Everyone will give different amounts, and the mates will split whatever the total is. If there are less anglers, there is less work, and there is less total tip. Works out.

moc,
              We got a table, but I slept on the floor with a mat for the first time. A tad more comfortable, but you get kicked and banged.
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Just saw this post. I'm definitely interested come BSB open season.

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                Wow, the cheek meat is the best. Slightly sweet, and with the crispy edge, it was the tastiest part of the fish.
                +100 to that! It's called the fisherman's morsel in Iraq because the best part goes to the one who caught it!
                -Mustafa
                ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                2016 Hobie Outback
                2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Working...
                X