Snake in my car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gliebig View Post
    They better leave my frogs alone too. Mr. Bugweiser doesn't want to become snake food.
    Your frogs are dead meat. Every year the snake comes, eats all my frogs and goes.

Comment

Noooooooooo
      Native Slayer 12
      Native Ultimate

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
        Yak Fish and Billy Rocket,

Yes, it usually sounds like springtime all year long in my house with the birds singing.

I breed them in the depth of our winter so it is even more pleasing to hear their chicks peeping when it is icy outside.

This year's batch of chicks are presently maturing and learning to sing. By fall they will be in top notch musical form and ready to hit the road to the exhibitions.
        Mark, Are you still in MASCOT?

Comment

Billy,

Yes.

Past president. Current VP.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Mark,

Billy Rocket= Bill Mustin Remember me?

Comment

Bill,

Sure do.

Hope to see you on the water.
              Mark
              Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
              Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
              Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

That is normal for a Black snake. I used to catch snakes as bored teenager. The largest I once found was almost 9' long and maybe 1 1/4" round in the center. Largest other than that, maybe 6' long.

The funny part about that long one was I was on my Aunt's farm and walking with my Dad. We lived near the city and Dad is a city boy. I saw the snake sunning on the wood pile and dove after him, it tried to get away and got half in the wood pile and I had the back half. The snake was twisting and holding on for it's life, even though I just wanted to hold it.

Dad "What in the Hell are you doing?"
                Me "I like catching snakes."
                Dad "What do you plan to do with it?"
                Me "I've never seen or heard of a black snake this big. I want to take it home."
                Dad "The Hell you are! You might as well let it go now!"
                Me - showing my best sad face and let the snake go to slip into the wood pile.
                "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Originally posted by archeryrob View Post
                  That is normal for a Black snake. I used to catch snakes as bored teenager. The largest I once found was almost 9' long and maybe 1 1/4" round in the center. Largest other than that, maybe 6' long.

The funny part about that long one was I was on my Aunt's farm and walking with my Dad. We lived near the city and Dad is a city boy. I saw the snake sunning on the wood pile and dove after him, it tried to get away and got half in the wood pile and I had the back half. The snake was twisting and holding on for it's life, even though I just wanted to hold it.

Dad "What in the Hell are you doing?"
                  Me "I like catching snakes."
                  Dad "What do you plan to do with it?"
                  Me "I've never seen or heard of a black snake this big. I want to take it home."
                  Dad "The Hell you are! You might as well let it go now!"
                  Me - showing my best sad face and let the snake go to slip into the wood pile.
                  Haha, great dialog of father and son =D. I have a whole family of those things living in beneath a stack of fire wood behind my house...

Comment

Working...
                  X