8/24 nice paddling day, but no catchy catchy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8/24 nice paddling day, but no catchy catchy

Finally, another day to get out on the H2O @ Mallows & Potomac( since it was calm). I spent the afternoon until dark drowning bait & winging topwater frogs starting @ lowtide on a weak incoming. No love at all to show for it. I even cast inside the big hulk of a ship after heaving it over the metal wall. I was in my yak & never on the wreck. No dice. I did see a few breaking fish but nothing when I cast towards them. Lots of birds hanging out too. I did see a bald eagle swoop down and grab a fish off the surface, making the ospreys mad. That was quite close to me. Lots of wood floating out in the Potomac. Had 1 douchebag nearly run me over as he was zooming upriver with Cypress Hill blaring... I had to stand up & wave my paddle to get his attention, then I paddled out of the morons pathway....note that the river is very wide here and there was no other boat traffic at the time so I dont know why this idiot had to zoom in on me. Maybe from a distance it looked like I was catching fish when actually I was probably switching out baits. I did see 1 3" snakehead swim past me and a bunch of baby bass but nothing was biting! I got a good workout from all my paddling.
Working...
X