Kent Narrows, Tilghman Island Monday & Tues. 8/26-27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kent Narrows, Tilghman Island Monday & Tues. 8/26-27

I launched early @ 6:30 am at Good Hands Creek to a 10-20 mpg breeze. I headed left to the break wall at the Narrows, fighting wind and current to some extent. I tried both sides of the break wall to no avail casting a rattletrap and a half ounce yellow bucktail with a chartreuse 5" Z-man hoping for decent size rock. After awhile, I just didn't feel safe in that washing machine with wind, so I tried the east side @ Fisherman's Inn; still no activity. Odd, since I launched just before the high solunar activity slot.

I headed & trolled back to Good Hands Creek, and found the only activity of the day; about ten dink perch and one nice 10 incher just inside the creek on the right.

I spent the rest of Monday just poking @ Queens Anne's Co. I finally found the Bennett Pt launch, which is just across from beautiful and unspoiled Wye Island. As luck would have it some commercial crabbers were pulling in, and as is my wont, I chatted then up and offered to buy a couple of peelers if they had some. They gave me two, and wouldn't take a dime! Bennett Point is at the top of my list for my next launch for sure!
    ---------------

After dinner with a good friend who lives in St Michaels, I decided to launch at dawn at Dogwood Harbor, just over the Knapps Narrows draw bridge on Tilghman Island. It's only about 10-15 min from St Michaels. It's near the mouth of the mighty Choptank, so it's big water. The wind forecast was 5-10 mph, doable early, but I had to head back to Dogwood Creek after skunking out again on the shores off the Choptank and near Harris Creek.

Funny, but like Goodhands the day before, I had the most action in the harbor; half dozen dinks, and two nice keeper perch with the peeler off the bottom.

The Dogwood Harbor launch is awesome! It is near large protected oyster beds, so the water clarity is 4-5 feet, the I way remember it 50 years ago! But watch the wind and be ready to bail out to Cummings Creek or Neavitt Landing, both within 10-15 min range.

Altogether, not my best fishing trip but learning new waters around different launches was great, not to mention the awesome beauty of Eastern Shore waters.

image.jpg

ATTACH=CONFIG]13196[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fishinfool; 08-28-2014, 05:21 PM.

Check the dates; Monday and Tuesday 8/25 & 8/26.

Comment

Working...
    X