No announcement yet.

OC Inlet Payday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woooot! I'm psyched for you bro! It's so true from famin to feast and I'm so happy you got the chance to feast. I also hope for more and more for ya!
    -Mustafa
    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

I can't imagine how epic Sheepshead masgouf style would be...
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
        I can't imagine how epic Sheepshead masgouf style would be...
        You just blew my mind!

Brian are you listening??? You would be making Masgouf history bro! LOL
        -Mustafa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
          You just blew my mind!

Brian are you listening??? You would be making Masgouf history bro! LOL
          Yeah, I'm listening.... I need to get around to setting up a pit. ...as well as getting a knife I can split heads with!

Saturday morning I went back out with Minh (M_duong60) to see if we could find anymore sheep. We stopped over at Assateague on the paddle out to get fleas and were in position as the outgoing current was getting ready to slack. Minh hooked a strong fish early, but unfortunately, his line broke before we got to see what it was. No long after though, I got a hook into a good fish and pulled up a 17" sheep. I'd catch another sheep around 18"-19" shortly afterwards. That would be all the sheep for the day though - all in our first hour out there. Later Eric (SomeDevil) would join us and we ended up finding a few tog to our surprise. I got a 19.5"er that I unintentionally released while taking pictures , Minh got 2 up to 15.5", and Eric got a 17" or so keeper.

In between these fish there were TONS of black wills, small puffer fish, croakers, and a few short stripers. I tossed a small jighead for a while too and the snapper blues were everywhere. I let it dangle overboard for a little while and you could see them coming up and swiping at the lure. Before heading in for the day, we loaded up on some decent croakers up to 15" for dinner.

P1030902.jpgP1030904.jpgP1030909.jpg
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
            Yeah, I'm listening.... I need to get around to setting up a pit. ...as well as getting a knife I can split heads with!

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
            I got a 19.5"er that I unintentionally released while taking pictures , Minh got 2 up to 15.5", and Eric got a 17" or so keeper.
            Doh! Still sounded like an awesome day with a great variety!
            -Mustafa
            2016 Hobie Outback
            2012 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Working...
            X