Patapsco- Key bridge 8/27/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patapsco- Key bridge 8/27/2014

launched 1:30 trolled picked up some perch & blues hanful of both & two rockfish both just short but healthy & fat... Trolled two rods one with Braid and the other with Monofilament... i had three strikes fish on!! and then off the hooks... and i am kinda new to the trolling... the lost fish all were on the mono as i thought it thru...??? seems the braid no line strecth very solid hook ups have not really had to set the hook just reel in. the mono seems with the line strecth you have to set the hook. AM I thinking correctly here...Any input would be appreciated. this happened once last sunday and twice on wednesday... only thing i can think that is a major difference is the line. thanks!!
    Last edited by YaknBass; 08-28-2014, 05:36 PM.

I think braid is better all around. I use braid and flouro leader for everything. How deep were you trolling and what lures? how big were the blues? I'm heading out tomorrow. Wouldn't mind some blues to smoke...
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

the blues @ 12" they were closer to the chanel i was using 1 1/2 oz in line sinker with a black/siver rapalla and a 1/2 oz alabama rig blue/silver rapalla. the blues came off the shalower bait. ryan i am going to replace the mono on that rod with braid...i like the mono when casting better then braid but for trolling or jigging the braid for sure. good luck out there on Fri!!

Comment

Working...
      X