Crownsville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crownsville

Does any one know a good place to launch near herold harbor without paying smiths marina 20 bucks per car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Donny B.
    OK Big Game Prowler

I have looked carefully around Crownsville for years but have not found any other access point unless you live in a water privileged community or have a friend who lives in one and will let you in. If you learn of anything else, please let us know.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

J.A. Do you fish that area often or does anyone looks like a good fall/winter fishing spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Donny B.
      OK Big Game Prowler

Comment

I fish that area. It'd be a waste of $20 this year. I am not aware of a free public launch closer than Jonas...and that would be a long paddle.
        LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
        Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

My father in law lives on Valentine creek in Herald Harbor. A neighborhood ramp is there, but it's for community only. The locals keep a tight watch on the ramp
          2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

I put in at Smith's a long time ago. I don't remember paying anything....but it might have been $5 or so? It's been over 10 years for sure.

From what I remember about the boat traffic and fishing from a kayak; I definitely wouldn't pay $20 to go back there again.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

On two separate years I called Smiths Marina in the late fall or winter to ask if kayaks could launch there during the offseason at a price lower than $20. (This would be a good pickerel area). My calls were not returned either time. They have limited parking space there -- most of that is taken up by boats in winter storage.

I have launched my center console there from time to time, but do not like the ramp or parking area. I do not plan to return.
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
              X