Request Fishing Spot For Tomorrow - Just Got Skunked at Jonas Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request Fishing Spot For Tomorrow - Just Got Skunked at Jonas Green

Looking for a spot to fish tomorrow. I just got skunked at Jonas Green. This is disappointing because this is only the second time I have made it out fishing all summer due to work.

I am willing to travel up to 1.5 hours from DC. I have a 10.5 foot basic kayak, no pedals, so cannot troll. I am pretty adventurous and not afraid of open water (combat veteran so I am not afraid of rough water). I still have a dozen bloodworms, grass shrimp and bait shrimp left from today...along with castmasters, sassy shad, RatLtraps and a few other basic lures. I am willing to pick up something else if needed.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I love to fish, but have been working weekends all summer long. I would really like to catch a fish before the summer is over.

I hope everyone is having better luck than I did today.

Take care,

Rob

Dude, Check this site out, yak fishing all over the place.
    Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Head out to the patapsco from ft armistead. There is tons of great structure with in easy paddle. Perch, striper, catfish, and blueish are all around. Bait our lures will work whatever your choice
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Thank you. Never been out that way...that sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by UnkleRob View Post
          Thank you. Never been out that way...that sounds good.
          I am heading there tomorrow. Have had bad luck at Jonas myself and am going to give the Patapsco a try. Will be my first time there so I won't be much help in the way of tips but if you want to hook up let me know. I plan on being on the water by 7 or a little earlier. Anybody else going up tomorrow?

Comment

Fishing for stripers from Jonas Green has been poor in the main river for much of the summer. However, if you work up into the tributaries and spend time casting to lots of shorelines, you can find perch and an occasional pickerel. Don't write off Jonas Green yet -- I suspect things will pick up over the next month.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
            X