Croaker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tj06sti View Post
    Thanks guys! I'll get some frozen shrimp and bring them, and try Joe's method and cook a few as well to see if they really do outfish the frozen. I will try them shallow!
    Which area are you going to try to fish?

Comment

I was going to work my way out to the channel and zig zag over the depth changes trolling, I haven't ever been out of Chesapeake Beach so I was going to explore a little, don't really have a set plan

Comment

try salting the shrimp they last forever and harder for the little beasties to steal. i salted some shrimp and squid 2 weeks ago and the came out very well. only 3 days to cure and a lot of salt but its only .50 at most gro. stores.

what do they charge to launch there?

Comment

For Kayaks they charge $5. For Boats they charge $10.

Comment

thats not bad same as breezy point marina

Comment

nice report

I am new here, a buddy of mine and I used to fish in yaks in front of the pier maybe an extra 50 yards or so, would nail croakers, white perch , some blues, skate and rarely strippers. We used to put in at the beach in the old cove but too many people treating like the public beach put and end to that, do you know of any other good put ins around north beach?
              Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140

Comment

welcome Pungomd- I am not familiar with that area so I'm not much help-
                "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Welcome.... I know the beach that you are talking about and you are right. As for a put in near there, I do not know of one, but I did launch from Chesapeake Beach ($5) and paddled to North Beach to near the peir. It was not bad.

Comment

Wow, I just checked out the Charts, I didn't realize the channel and deeper waters were a few miles out from Chesapeake beach.. I am looking, and it seems Breezy is a bit closer to them. I am considering launching from Breezy point on Friday, anyone have any input?

Originally posted by moc View Post
                    Which area are you going to try to fish?

Comment

Yeah the channel is a ways out from Chesapeake. There is one slight drop off that goes from 6 to around 15' about 3/4 mile out. Thats where I marked fish and got that hit.

From breezy, I was planning to go to that green buoy...when you look at the chart for breezy you'll see what Im talking about.
                      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Some fisherman are comming into the store and buying alot of blood worms. They are fishing and catching croaker at Thomas Point Park. The croaker are up this far. I have been busy at work and doing other things. I have got to get some time to fish here soon.

Comment

Thanks Metro! Oh yeah, the Green can is something we fished from the powerboat when I was a kid, I never realized there was so much depth change around it till seeing the charts! I may be changing my plans up a little with the weather degrading for tomorrow..

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
                          Yeah the channel is a ways out from Chesapeake. There is one slight drop off that goes from 6 to around 15' about 3/4 mile out. Thats where I marked fish and got that hit.

From breezy, I was planning to go to that green buoy...when you look at the chart for breezy you'll see what Im talking about.

Comment

i went out with Friday from BP last spring. SE wind 10-15mph and going through the shoals was an eye opener for sure the chop really builds there but once you white knuckle through that out by the green can was a lot better, much calmer. thats where i learned what the revo could handle. not to be done alone unless you are experienced and have your safety stuff

Comment

anyone trying bushwood wharf this weekend?

Comment

I would have, but I am going to try the Severn with they guys at the Meet and Great. I do want to make it down to Bushwood sometime in the next 4 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X