Blue Angels in Baltimore Sept 13th and 14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Angels in Baltimore Sept 13th and 14th

Is anyone planning on watching the show from their kayak this year. I saw them earlier this year from land in Annapolis and wished I had been in my boat.

I won't be on the water during their trip Baltimore but Raptor and Mrs. Raptor and I were near Greenbury Point in our kayaks during the Blue Angels' visit to Annapolis in June.

It was an unbelievably exciting experience. The sound and their speed are unforgettable.

At times they were spiraling upward immediately over our heads. You could see the fire from their engines. Other times them came in low enough for us to see the pilots. They were so low at times that I thought they were going to hit the radio towers near Greenbury.

What I really enjoyed was how they split up miles apart some heading south and others heading north and then they would come back together wingtip to wingtip over the Bay Bridge for their approach to Annapolis.

If you can see them from water it will provide a vantage point that those on land miss.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

That sounds like an amazing experience. I will be out on the water for the next show in Annapolis.

Comment

I did it a couple of years ago and well worth any struggle to find parking and launch! I carted my kayak about a mile to get to the canton launch because parking was so hard. I'll post a video from the show when I get home tonight.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

What's the best place to be in a kayak where you won't get run over by other boats or hassled by the Coast Guard?

I'd like to take my girlfriend out there on Saturday, as long as the weather is looking alright and the show not canceled. Hoping to get a parking spot at Canton in the morning and then try to find a way to kill some time until the show.

Comment

There is a loading ramp in Canton. I am now shooting to go today to beat the crowds on Saturday. Hopefully launching by the hospital today around 11 to watch them practice.

Comment

Caught the practice yesterday and they put on a great show.
              blueangels2014.jpg
              2014 Hobie Pro Angler
              2018 Viking Profish 400 Lite

Comment

Working...
              X