Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to launch kayak around Maynadier Creek?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to launch kayak around Maynadier Creek?

Hey guys,

I read that the Maynadier Creek is open to public for fishing, but where exactly is the kayak launch site?

Thanks!!

If you are talking about the Maynadier Creek near Round Bay in the Severn, you have just one public launch option -- Smith's Marina. Smith's is less than a mile from Maynadier but charges a $20 launch fee for boats and kayaks alike. Otherwise, buy an expensive house in the area or get to know someone else who has water access privileges there. Sorry, but the Severn lacks much public access in the upper reaches.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
      If you are talking about the Maynadier Creek near Round Bay in the Severn, you have just one public launch option -- Smith's Marina. Smith's is less than a mile from Maynadier but charges a $20 launch fee for boats and kayaks alike. Otherwise, buy an expensive house in the area or get to know someone else who has water access privileges there. Sorry, but the Severn lacks much public access in the upper reaches.
      Thanks! I just checked the marina out yesterday and it seems like a great place to launch. It's a bit unfortunate that even kayak launches cost $20.

Comment

John and I have both talked to management at Smith Marine separately and their answer is always the same; $20 regardless if you're cartop or trailer.

That said, I am a r.e. broker. Contact me if you have a cool 3 million or so lying around for the old Iliff 14 acre spread on Chase Creek (off Joyce Lane in Arnold).

It seems you have to be a multi millionaire to own waterfront property on the Severn these days. Obviously, after growing up in the Severn on the north side if Round Bay, lack public access for the Severn is a VERY sore subject for me.

Comment

Originally posted by riordan2 View Post
          Hey guys,

I read that the Maynadier Creek is open to public for fishing, but where exactly is the kayak launch site?

Thanks!!

Some insider knowledge... Park on the street at Palisades beach and launch there. It's private, but you won't find any trouble there. From there, it's only about a half mile paddle to Maynadier Creek. Enjoy.

maynadier.jpg
          Last edited by steventhehistorian; 09-16-2014, 08:52 AM. Reason: Reattached map
          “Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead.”
          ―Hemingway, The Old Man and the Sea

Comment

Working...
          X