Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another species down. No longer Sheepless!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another species down. No longer Sheepless!

I don't target sheeps too much because it usually involves a long drive to the CBBT and if I am going down there there are other things I'd rather target. Every time I have though, it hasn't gone as planned. Wanting to cross a sheep off my list I made a quick trip to OC last night and fished with SlobberBob (Brian). The sheeps were biting. When we first got there the outgoing current was still moving, but as soon as it slacked and turned to incoming it was a pretty nice bite. We caught 5 sheeps (Brian 3, Me 2) in about an hour. Minimal trash fish. All on fleas. Always a good feeling to knock a new species off the list, especially so close to home.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic. Brian has a few better ones.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Nice work I am hoping to make it down there next week some time. Just curious were you around the jetties or the 50 bridge? Is the flounder bite still happening?

Comment

I was fishing the jetty. The flounder bite is still happening, also. The middle channel just north of the 50 bridge has reportedly been good. I have targeted them in a couple weeks, but there were a few around last time I checked.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
      Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
      2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Congrats again on getting your first! I hope the bite lasts a few more weeks.

Doug's first and second sheep:
        P1030935.jpgP1030938.jpg

One of mine (only holding under the gill plate because I took one home for dinner... yum by the way
        P1030927.jpg

Daolai: the flounder bite should last into mid-October (maybe later?). As the flounder begin to leave the backwaters, the bite around the inlet really can turn on. Check out some of the Coastal Fisherman archives.
        Brian

Comment

Working...
        X