No announcement yet.

Duck Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have waist waders? It helps to seal better and until you try to pee with with a dry top over chest waders you will not understand the struggle. Dry tops are a struggle to get on and off and you only need to open the bottom with waist waders.
    "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Woo, my buddy Ted and I got out for an Ice hunt on the Upper Potomac. Birds were concentrated on the river due to ponds being frozen.

7 degrees this morning and water froze to everything. Had geese working, but that's it. Had Mergansers buzzing us, but I don't really want any of them. A few Pintails kept buzzing around but would not come close enough. Never saw a mallard or black duck all morning.

Ice all over everything, layers on the dashboard, the sides and the seat. This was the only pic I could get as the iPhone shutdown from the cold after this one shot. Found out Breatherable wader shed ice better than Neoprene waders. I would fall off from my body heat with the breathable waders but my buddy Ted had problems with it building up on his neoprenes.

Everything froze in an instant. Picking up decoys and just happened to dip the bottom half of the front of my jacket in the water and the zipper froze shut. I had to have Ted pull my jacket off my arms and down my back so i could slide it down my legs to get it off. Definitely a hunt I will remember.

There is my Commander 120 covered in Ice. Ted hunts with a Hobie Outback, but I could not get a picture of him and his kayak.
      Last edited by archeryrob; 01-12-2015, 09:55 AM.
      "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Working...
      X