Susquehanna Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susquehanna Sunday

I got out and fished the Susquehanna below the dam and above the VFW. It was really nice out there. I wish I had someone with me. I caught several decent smallmouths and got into a pretty decent topwater bite with the stripers at about 630pm. I would paddle from rock pile to rock pile. I would sometimes get out of my kayak and fish likely looking rips and pools. Threw my 8 wt with a grizzly barbell and threw topwater with my spinning combo. It was really cool in those pools. topwater.jpgsmally.jpg
    Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
    Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

Nice report. I'm finally hoping to make it out in the morning on 9/19. Leaning towards the flats at this point but now I might have to reconsider.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Originally posted by reel-em-in View Post
      Nice report. I'm finally hoping to make it out in the morning on 9/19. Leaning towards the flats at this point but now I might have to reconsider.
      I have heard that the AM topwater bite is really good farther up. I think they put in at Fishermans Park and fish as close to the dam as you can until they turn the big gates on. This was my first time so I really didnt know what I was doing. I was on the Cecil side of the river and just poked around in the pools. When I found a pool with stripers I usually got several from the same pool on topwater.
      Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
      Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

Comment

Nice going Backdoc!! The rest of the striper season I am concentrating on the Bush and Susky Rivers...except for the M&Gs. Hopefully our schedules will allow a few trips together.
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

good work,fished at the dam Sunday morning,slow bite,minus the catfish,planning on putting in at deer creek sunday and head up to the big pool,love that part of the river
          Snow Camo Lure 11.5
          Pod mounted 30lbs trolling motor
          Hummingbird Helix 5
          Kayak fishing and inviting! Doing what I love!

Comment

Now is a great time to do what you were doing. Top water in the AM towards shoreline will get smallies and towards the deeper pools for striper. It can be a blast when the bite is good. You can still get 'em on top water even when the sun is high if you can find shaded areas.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
            Alan

Comment

Working...
            X