Where to go tomorrow for a lazy day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to go tomorrow for a lazy day?

I have been out of twon for the past 6-7 weeks and tomorrow is my first chance to get out and fish.
    I am looking for somewhere in the Annapolious area where I jcan spend a lazy morning paddeling around docks and maybe catch a perch or three. I have no idea what conditions are like these days and would love any suggestions about what river to hit and where to launch from. I was going to head to the Rhode via Carr's warf but I allways go there and it is a bit full of power boats on the weekend in any case.

Thanks.
    Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
    Lime Slayer 10

Never done it myself but I've heard you can launch at any of the public parks in Eastport. That'd be easy access to Spa Creek.
    LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
    Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

ill be launching from jonas green park tomorrow morning around 10.
      Michael
      2016 Hobie Mirage Outback
      Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

You can launch from: a) the Tucker St ramp into Weems Creek; b) Truxton Park into Spa Creek; c) Ellen Moyer Water Park into Back Creek; or d) Jonas Green into mainstem Severn.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

What exactly is the deal with the Tucker St ramp? Is it a public ramp or a neighborhood-only thing like Mayo Beach?
          Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
          Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
            You can launch from: a) the Tucker St ramp into Weems Creek; b) Truxton Park into Spa Creek; c) Ellen Moyer Water Park into Back Creek; or d) Jonas Green into mainstem Severn.
            John, I had been told that you can launch from any of the small "end of street" parks (Severn Ave, 4th St, etc). Is that not accurate?
            LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
            Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by bunnielab View Post
              What exactly is the deal with the Tucker St ramp? Is it a public ramp or a neighborhood-only thing like Mayo Beach?
              Public ramp. You cannot park a trailer on the street there unless you have a City of Annapolis sticker. Parking is limited -- obey the signs and curb markings.

Originally posted by dsiekman View Post
              John, I had been told that you can launch from any of the small "end of street" parks (Severn Ave, 4th St, etc). Is that not accurate?
              Doug - You are correct about launching. The biggest challenge is finding a parking spot either a) at all, or b) that allows you more than a two-hour stay. If you find such a parking space, you are welcome to use the street end launch.

I rarely see anyone mention launching from the Ellen Moyer water park. It is on the south side of Back Creek near Bert Jabin's yacht yard. I have launched from there before then headed over to Greenbury Pt (slightly closer than launching from Jonas Green).
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

So I ended up heading to Church Creek by way of Homeport Park. Spent a lovely 5ish hours paddeling around.

Only caught two fish, both 6-8" WP, but I did give my new anchor a test run and now I am much more confident that I can improve my dock/pier fishing by virtue of being able to remain stationary. I explored all of Church creek and went a little way into the South River but I am still a bit leery of heading out into warer that big.

All in all a great morning.
                Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
                Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Good info about the launches. Thanks!
                  Hidden Oak 2014 NATIVE SLAYER PROPEL 13
                  Tarpon 120
                  Ascend D10T

Personal bests
                  25 &1/4" Pickerel

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
                  http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjKlcf7rw_SwanvTarJVCg
                  Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyon...46820392155412

Comment

Working...
                  X