Looking for launch areas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for launch areas

Looking for areas north of sandy point where I can fish for rock and other species. Looking for more calmer waters rather than in the middle of the bay. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Ft. Armistead puts you near the key bridge.

Here is Anne Arundel County's cartop launch sites: http://www.aacounty.org/recparks/lau...m#.VB16l2K9KSM

Comment

a few of us are fishing patapsco key bridge on sunday if you want to hook up. i am launching @ 6:30am and and another member is launching aprox 10 to 11 am. if ya like, more then welcome. i know of at least 3 members fishing. reports have rock and perch picking up.

Comment

Originally posted by YaknBass View Post
        a few of us are fishing patapsco key bridge on sunday if you want to hook up. i am launching @ 6:30am and and another member is launching aprox 10 to 11 am. if ya like, more then welcome. i know of at least 3 members fishing. reports have rock and perch picking up.
        Are you guys starting from Ft Armistead? I got skunked again after 6 hours out of SPSP today. Even my go to perch area south of there was nada. When you guys fish out of Armistead do you just troll the area or jig the bridge piers? I'm ready to give up on rockfish and concentrate on big perch. Just frustrated and looking for a change. Thanks.

Comment

all the above troll jig cast to the rip rap a lot of rocky shore lines that can hold perch and a surprize rock, also can bottom fish with grass shrimp, or some type of worms, bait. as anywhere tide change is important, but i highly doubt you will get skunked imho. if your up to it come on out...we all might get lucky and hookup with something picture worthy
          Last edited by YaknBass; 09-20-2014, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Might just be the tide or particular lure/bait or depth you were at. I went out to the bay from Jonas Green Park and landed 6 stripers with three being 14.5". I trolled for the most part with 1 & 3/4oz jigs and jigged near piling A. I caught three of them on a rattle trap lure.
              J

Comment

Working...
              X