Great Morning, Then Blown Off The Water By Goose Hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Morning, Then Blown Off The Water By Goose Hunters

Headed up towards Harpers Ferry on the Potomac in search of smallmouth bass. Conditions were very nice. Low flow. Crystal clear water. Not a ton of grass. Hardly any wind.
    Fish cooperated and I caught plenty of small fish using a Lucky Craft Waketail or a paddle tail swim bait on a 1/8 ounce jig. I was on the river for about 2.5 hours and then some goose hunters scared the heck out of me when they began popping geese very close by. I had no idea they were even on the island in the middle of the river. So I quickly made it back to the MD side of the river and called it a day. Fish were very active, but I couldn't find any large ones. I'll plan to hit the area again before it gets too cold. Hopefully next time without any hunters.

Nice going! Great pics! Next time you go, give me a shout if you want some company. I've been meaning to fish that area this year, but havent gotten there yet.

Comment

Thanks for the pictures... nice catch...
      The scenic pictures remind me of my youth when I was teaching rock climbing along the Maury River down in Virginia... lived out of a tent... we fished too.. and ate them !

Comment

Working...
      X