No announcement yet.

Who's from St. Marys county?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone willing to accompany me to practice self rescue in the spring? I'm hoping to get my predator 13 and set it up by then. Even tho I haven't tried it in the water, it did feel good in the store.

Comment

Just joined snagged line today. I've been in St. Mary's Co for about 12 years, but just started kayak fishing last August. Grew up fishing freshwater in the deep South, but trying to learn the salt/tidal stuff. Kayak is put away for the winter, but counting the days until Spring! Planning on going after crappie/bass in St. Mary's Lake, and hopefully venture up to Mattawoman. Getting a new Depth/Fishfinder for Xmas, so anxious to see how that improves my catches.
      FeelFree Moken 12.5 Lime Camo

Comment

Welcome PDRhino - I started myself on the kayak trail this year and made the transition to half salt, half fresh fishing. Hope to see you at St Mary's Lake and if you want to hit the rivers or bay give me a shout - I found that targeting rockfish isn't all that different from fishing for bass once they make the move from deep water.
        Mike
        Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Originally posted by redneck69 View Post
          Name is wayne from st marys been fishing for 35+ yrs mostly farm ponds,and backbays saltwater,been kayaking for 2 yrs love it.looking for ppl that want to kayak up mcintosh,chaptico,st marys river streams,and also looking for a.real kayak PFD i use one for boating and it eats my back up in about 3 hrs.
          Red,
          I've been wearing a Stohlquist Fisherman that I ordered from Austin Kayak. I haven't had it on for more than a few hours, but it has not been uncomfortable.

Comment

Thanks! Might just take you up on that Mike!

Comment

I'm in the Leonardtown area. Most of my fishing is done by canoe or pier. Might spring for a kayak next season though.
              Last edited by joemac; 12-24-2014, 05:46 PM.

Comment

It's official, got my wilderness systems ride 135. Should be ready in the spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice, looks well built. Care to comment on price?

Comment

$1180, plus a BB paddle, anchor kit, hatch conceal kit. Shipping $60. Only hick up is they forgot my rudder. Should be shipped soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome ride, can't wait to hit St.Marys lake in the spring for crappie and largemouth, if you need a partner please hit me up and I'll join ya! I made it out the the beginning of December and manage a small bass and nice crappie befor hanging up the yak for the year. Found it interesting fishing in 20 ft of water with trees coming to just under the surface, gotta be careful in a yak ( no turtle ) lol

Comment

Working...
                      X