Looking For Launch Spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For Launch Spots

Hey Folks! I'm new to the area, and looking for places to fish for LMB. I live in Mt washington, so I've been fishing Lake Rowland in Robert E Lee park. The fishing there seems to be really hit or miss, thus my reason for asking about new spots. I've hear good things about Piney Run, but I'd like some more substantial reports before I make that trek. Also heard good things about Loch Raven, but I don't know where the put in is, or cost or anything like that. Plan to make a trip saturday morning, probably to Piney Run, if I can find more info on the interwebs. Thanks in advance y'all!

Loch Raven is indeed a good lake for largemouth bass. But they have very strict rules governing private boats to protect the watershed from zebra mussels. If you want to launch your kayak at any of the 3 City Reservoirs then you must agree not to use your kayak anywhere else except at Loch Raven, Prettyboy, and Liberty Reservoirs. Here is a link to the Loch Raven Fishing Center.

http://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/Age...fishingcenter/

Fishing from shore is allowed. No permits are are needed except a freshwater license.
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Just remember you dont need a permit if you are fishing from shore, just your normal non-tidal MD license.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys! Any other good lakes I need to hit that don't require that type of permit?

Comment

I live about a mile from piney, I fish mostly for stripers but catch a lot of really big lmb in the process. Definitely the best probability of a trophy bass around I think.

Comment

Troll deep divers in between spots you wanna fish.....you never know

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement! I think I'll head up there saturday morning

Comment

I may be up there. Probably shore bound. Or if you see the craziest canoe setup you've ever seen say hi . Red Scanoe with big white trolling motor. Swivel seats and big stabilizers

Comment

I've always enjoyed fishing Centenial Lake in Howard County. Never caught LMB over 2 pounds, but the fish are pretty plentiful and if you like Crappie then this might bea good spot for you.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X