Finally got to slime the kitchen counter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got to slime the kitchen counter

Launched from Jean Roberts to try some jigging around the railroad bridge for the last couple hours of the incoming tide yesterday. Man those bridge pilings have a lot of snaggable structure around them, but they definitely hold fish. I wasn't able to set the hook on anything hitting around the bridge and got tired of losing jigheads so I worked by way out in front of Tidewater Grille and landed a nice 20" cat. I haven't taken a fish home in years but figured this one would be a perfect start. I was shocked when my wife actually let me clean it in the kitchen, I thought she would flip just bringing it into the house. It also turns out that filleting a fish is a lot like riding a bike, 15 years without practice didn't slow me down too much. Unfortunately I did a pretty pathetic job of seasoning it before frying it up. Motivation to get back out there I guess.
    Last edited by mweber02; 09-29-2014, 08:02 AM.
    Mike

Originally posted by mweber02 View Post
    Unfortunately I did a pretty pathetic job of seasoning it before frying it up. Motivation to get back out there I guess.
    LOL! That's the way I look at it!
    -Mustafa
    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Working...
    X