Sunday Smallies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Smallies

I finished up Allan's book and decided to try the trolling tactics for finding fish. It worked!!! (buy the book!!!). I was hoping to find some stripers in the lower Susky but I found smallies instead. I trolled a 3 inch ripple shad and a 5 inch assassin. I located the fish off the tip of an island that had a point. I would troll over the end of the point and pick fish up on the rise and fall of the point. I switched to top water as the evening approached and kept getting fish. I got up into the rock pools in the late evening and did pretty well. I caught my personal best smallie on top water but the picture is terrible. I will include it hoping that someone can appreciate the size of the fish. The picture is a little better on my phone.
    Attached Files
    Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
    Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

Nice!
    Did you put in at Lapidum?
    Native Slayer 12
    Native Ultimate

Comment

Originally posted by gliebig View Post
      Nice!
      Did you put in at Lapidum?
      No, I put in across the river from Lapidum.
      Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
      Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

Comment

I was going to try down there but decided to put in at Deer Creek. Let me know if you want to join up sometime out there.
        Native Slayer 12
        Native Ultimate

Comment

Wow, congrats on the new personal best! I'm making it a goal next year to target smallies. Thanks for the insight.
          2014 Hobie Pro Angler
          2018 Viking Profish 400 Lite

Comment

I have not yet trolled from the kayak.

I have trolled from a 12 ft. rowboat with panther martins for trout - and loaded the boat.

I've done a lot of trolling from the bass boat.

I'll have to try trolling from the kayak but I don't think it'll be as easy as the row boat.

Comment

Working...
            X