Alternative to traffic: Jonas Green 10/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative to traffic: Jonas Green 10/2

Firstly, I got a late start out of work, then traffic was so bad trying to get to the Bay Bridge that I could've carried my kayak above my head faster than everyone trying to get to rt 2 & the eastern shore. Just when I thought I was stuck in the middle lane I inched ahead of a truck w/ a kayak on top just as I was crossing the Severn River Bridge and I decided at the last minute since the water looked so calm from the bridge to nuke the eastern shore & launch @ JG. I brought minimum gear thinking I'd paddle around& make a few casts then proceed to OC once the traffic dies down. It's just before 6 and I see baitfish jumping as soon as I launch. with no rodholders on the kayak I have today I decide to troll by sitting on my rod handle & watching my rodtip while paddling. Within moments I've got a striper & its a keeper(19"). It releases itself at the kayak, then another. This went on all night but instead of stripers it turned to bluefish when I trolled around the rt 450 bridge pylons. I trolled until 11pm just having a blast seeing my Z-Man swimbait getting slammed & taking the heat. It never tore up. When I switched out to a grub w/a curlytail they didnt hit it so much. There werent many peeps on the old 450 bridge fishing & there was minimal boat traffic. When I was trolling under the middle of the big bridge a boat came speeding up river from the Bay. I turned on my light & its driver was cool & slowed down while passing me as I paddled towards the side. We both waved then he zoomed upriver while I hooked another fish. It seemed to be lowtide and slacktide then incoming tide as the night wore on. It seemed like I had the whole river to myself which is rare. I only kept one 13" bluefish that hit while my bait drifted when I was untangling my other line. A beautiful night with a slight warm breeze.

Now that's on heck of a way to avoid the traffic, nice report.
    Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Working...
    X